System Support Manager
Bloomfield, CT 06002 US
Now Hiring warehouse system support manager in Hartford, CT. Excellent Opportunity for someone with 4 years+ Experience.
Job Purpose: To provide managerial and operational support for all of the IT and telephonic needs of the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting local IT infrastructure.
- Implements network security at the local level as established by corporate Security Director.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the site s IT infrastructure, and directs IT support personnel when necessary.
- Oversees the administration of the company LAN.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company' s telephone system at the local level.
- Oversees all telephone changes, including routing for seating assignments.
Training and Lab Maintenance
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of computer stations and software for company training programs and provides additional support if necessary.
-Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees all help desk activities at the local level.
- Responds to escalated help desk issues.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of our tracking software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the local purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the local level.
Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Designs, and prepares daily and monthly reports as needed by corporate and the General Manager
- Overall responsibility for the management of good sanitation and safety
practices through out the warehouse technology areas.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a self-initiator who can implement and manage all warehouse distribution programs as directed by corporate, the Human Resource Manager, and the General Manager.
- Extremely high level of Computer Networking and WMS system literacy with knowledge and certifications in LAN if needed.
- College level training with a minimum of 4 to 5 years experience in the areas of systems management.